The editors evaluate the received research article on the basis of its compatibility with the scope of the Journal and its suitability for publication.
Regretting after Initial Evaluation
The research articles received may be regretted before sending for peer review due to following reasons:
- Research article does not fall in the scope of the Journal.
- It does not match with the preferred areas of interest.
- The matter of research article does not justify the topic
- It has technical drawbacks.
- It does not relate to the interest of the readers.
- Research has already been done on the topic presented.
Peer Review Policy & Process
- All research articles are peer reviewed by two experts before publication in the Journal as per policy of the Journal and instructions of Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan.
- Blind peer review is adopted for unbiased evaluation.
- All research articles are decided to be published or not to be published in the Journal on the basis of unbiased peer reviews.
- Peer reviewers evaluate the research articles in terms of abstract presentation, overall layout, validity, originality, spelling / grammatical errors, referencing /citations, good / weak points and suggest improvement if any. It is also recommended by the peer reviewer whether the research article should be published, not to be published or to be published after improvement.
- If improvement is suggested by the peer reviewer, the same is communicated to the author with the request to submit the research article after suggested improvement.
- ‘Punjab Rung’ has a versatile panel of peer reviewers belonging to the field of Punjabi language, literature, arts and culture.
Process of peer reviewing takes one to two months usually; however, this duration may be prolonged due to any unexpected delay form the peer reviewers.
- The authors are liable to grant permission to publish their articles, submitted to the research journal being published by Punjab Institute of Language, Art & Culture (PILAC), Information & Culture Department, Punjab.
- The Editor ‘Punjab Rung’ shall have right to publish the article, in whole or in part(s), in any medium and by any means, including those not yet known and later developed. If the article is not published for any reason, the authors shall be intimated accordingly.
- The authors shall warrant that their articles are original and have never been published elsewhere and are not under consideration for publication in any other journal or in any other form.
- The authors affirm that the manuscript has been prepared in accordance with the ‘Guidelines for Authors’ as given at the page of the Journal and published in the previous issue of the Journal.
- The authors shall certify that the articles submitted for publication in the Journal are their original work and no portion of the articles has been plagiarized and any material used as reference is properly acknowledged /referred /cited.
- The authors also undertake that if they are found guilty of any formal plagiarism in the article even after its publication in the Journal, the Institute reserves the rights to cancel the article and that HEC and the Institute have the right to publish their names on the HEC/Institute Website on which names of authors are placed who submitted plagiarized articles.
The contents of this ethical statement are included in the ‘Publication Rights Agreement/Plagiarism Undertaking’ (given at the website of the Journal) which is pre-requisite for publication of research articles in the Journal. All authors shall submit this agreement duly signed along with their research articles while submitting the same to the Journal.